History of changes
If my policy on information collection or use changes, those changes will be reflected in this document.
- 07/08/2014: Updated to reflect the expanded functionality of the new website (e.g., onsite ordering, ratings).
- 09/24/2010. Updated “Information Use” section to allow for sharing info with law enforcement. Made minor editing and formatting changes.
- 08/11/2007. Updated “Information Collection” section to allow for the Google Analytics cookie.
- 03/09/2007. Removed language about SSL encryption, which I stopped using because it seemed unnecessary, complicated the user experience with browser warnings, and because I no longer collect street addresses.
- 11/15/2006. Clarified language. No substantive changes.
- 08/27/2005. Original policy.
Part I. Information Collection
- Subscriptions To receive announcements, a visitor may subscribe to my news feed via RSS or provide a name and email address. A visitor may also optionally provide other information such as a referral source and comments.
- Reviews To post a review of an image, a visitor must supply an email address. That address will not appear on the site.
- Orders Order information, including name, shipping address, phone number, email address, and sometimes payment information is collected through the shopping cart feature using pages secured via SSL (i.e., https pages). To place an order, payment information such as a credit card number may be entered at johnvias.com or at PayPal.com. In either case, such payment information is collected by the credit card processor, and I never see it.
Part II. Information Use
The information collected by johnvias.com will be used only to:
- Keep subscribers informed about my artwork, exhibitions, offers, and other art developments
- Post reviews and comments left by visitors
- Fulfill orders
- Comply with a legal process
- Review site traffic
I will not sell, lend, share, or otherwise disseminate visitor data with other entities for any purpose not listed above.
I offer links to other websites, which are governed by their own privacy policies.
Part III. Information Access
I maintain the accuracy of the information with your help. To have inaccuracies corrected or to have information deleted, visitors may email me through the website.
Part V. Problem Resolution
If problems arise, users may contact me through the website. I am committed to resolving any disputes promptly.